Professional Photographers of NC Convention



The PPNC Convention is held every year in Raleigh, NC the first week of March. I was honored to serve on the Committee this year. I was also honored to serve as a speaker and committee chair of the day. It let me know how much work it takes behind the scenes to make it all work. The competition prints were mostly displayed as digital files displayed on a screen, but there were still many prints mounted for display. We had a party night with a band playing beach music and a Saturday Night Live theme for those who wanted to be crazy and dress up as one of the characters. (I was one of four Sprockets). The instructors chosen to speak were the best we have had in years, in my opinion. The classes were so motivating. I was honored to introduce Jeremy Sutton, an international painter who did an awesome presentation.

I entered on the fly this year, but two images merited. One of the two, "Who are YOU Looking At?" also won second place and was selected to be displayed in the Traveling Loan Collection for 2012 on the PPNC website. It is also printed in the Carolina Photographer Magazine.

If any of you are aspiring photographers and are wanting to learn more about photography, I encourage you to join PPNC. Go to the www.ppofnc.com website and join. You will not regret it. There are four guilds a year and the state convention. They also have a summer school called the East Coast School. (which I won a scholarship to participate in this summer). They give you a list of master photographers to study under that you choose from.

No comments: